Welcome to Year 2SB
Teacher: Mrs Bennett.
Teaching Assistant: Mr McGee.
Here is some key information for Year 2;
- PE will take place on a Wednesday and pupils are required to come to school wearing the St Anne’s PE kit.
- Spellings and adventurous vocabulary will be sent home home every Friday with a spelling test taking place the following Friday.
- This years homework can be accessed using the existing online home learning platforms.
- Reading books will be sent out every Wednesday to be kept until the following Monday. Please read with your child as much as possible, re-reading books is an excellent opportunity for children to develop their fluency and word recognition.
- We encourage all children to bring in their own water bottle into school every day.
- The school day will start at 8:45am and will end at 3:10pm. Both year 2 classes will enter and exit on the back yard of the school (pencil yard).
Year 2 Curriculum;
Please see the link below for the curriculum overview for Year 2. This overviews includes all the topics covered in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms.
Information for Online Learning Platforms;
- Your child is learning to read and write through developing their phonic knowledge and skills. You can learn more about phonics and how you can promote your child’s literacy by following the link to our phonics webpage: https://st-anne-stanley-school.co.uk/learning/curriculum/phonics/
- Your child is registered to use TT Rockstars – an online fun resource, which will support with learning their Times Tables. Please encourage your child to access this daily: https://ttrockstars.com/
- Your child is registered to use MyMaths, an online platform where you will find tasks and activities that support your child’s learning of mathematics. Please follow the link at: https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
- You can support your child in their learning across the curriculum through accessing activities on Education City. Please click on the link below and log on using your ‘City Pass’.
Home Learning Information;
Click on the link below for our home learning timetable which includes suggested times and online resources to support your child’s learning during a covid-related absence. During this time, you will also receive an email signposting you to specific resources that link with our current curriculum including videos teaching phonics and maths.
Please encourage your child to read a few pages of their reading book every night.
We love to read in our school and believe ‘The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go’
That is the way the mind grows
Not with a test, but a tale…
For information about how we teach Phonics in school and how you can support your child at home please Click here for the Phonics Page
Keep checking the Year 2 twitter account for more activities we have been up to this term
In English we have been reading the book Silly Billy by Anthony Browne. We have done lots of fun activities around this book including, sequencing, letter writing, hot seating and drama. We even made our own worry dolls!
In ICT lessons we have enjoyed learning ‘What is a computer’. We have had lessons on the IPads and in the ICT suite.
We have been lucky enough to enjoy gymnastics lessons this term with a professional gymnastics trainer from the Beth Twedle Academy!!
We have enjoyed listening to, and talking about Bible stories. We have looked at our class Bibles and watched some lovely videos based on different Bible stories. We are also working hard to learn the Lords Prayer.
We have been learning how to use a variety of apparatus in maths lessons. This will help support our learning and help make us become more independent workers.
We have had lots off un and learnt so many different skills in P.E! We have enjoyed playing lots of outdoor games, working on our throwing and catching and ball skills.
In music with Mr Lucas, we have been exploring long and short sounds (duration) and exploring pitch.