Gardening Club is proving to be as popular as ever and this term we have 20 children from the different year groups throughout the school who come to help out and learn with us on a Tuesday afternoon.
As it is autumn, we are preparing the gardens for winter. Our main jobs at the moment include:
- Clearing dead leaves from the playgrounds.
- Pulling out all the dead/dying summer planting from the beds.
- Planting spring bulbs.
- Planting winter flowering plants into the beds.
- Taking cuttings from old plants, such as the strawberries in the science garden.
- Collecting seeds from summer plants, such as the sunflowers.
- Fixing and maintaining the raised beds around the playgrounds.